Just a Family Member?
My dad, Shawn, is someone that I've always been very connected to. People have always called me a "daddy's girl" because of the many similarities we share and the extreme amount of time we spend together. My dad has always had very high expectations for me, not out of the need to see me succeed, but rather because he knows my abilities more than anyone else. He knows very well the person I am and the talents I possess, and he gets upset when I don't perform in the ways I should because of those skills. This has shown especially in sports. Not only was he a professional athlete, but has always and remains to be a competitor whom demands success. As coaching me for 8 years prior to moving on to a higher level, my dad has been at every game and practice since I was four. Through seeing me improve and my various success, especially academically and athletically, he has always pushed me to be the best I can be. Whenever I can see that I'm not performing in the way I could be, he is always there aside me noticing it as well. These expectations can often frustrate me, but I always know that they are in the best way of support and guidance to push me to do my very best. Not only does he push me, but he has established the greatest respect that I have ever had for anyone. Without being biased, my father is truly the best person I could have ever asked for to be in my life. He has showed my brothers and I the true importance of family, and to constantly support one another no matter what. When hard times occur, he is always the person to learn from what's happening and observes a greater lesson of response in order for us to make the best of every situation. He has worked for everything he has in order to create the best life possible for himself and the people around him, and he is way too humble about it. Through illness and death in the family, I have further recognized what an amazing son and brother he is. By always putting others' needs before his own, he reaffirms stability in others' lives far before he ever considers himself. I think that's what it means to be an amazing father. He puts others' necessities before his own, and does everything in his power to make those things happen. I have nothing but tremendous respect for him, and that's why it hurts me so much whenever I do something that may lose his for me. Words can't ever explain how much his opinion matters to me because of how close we are. Not only is he my father, but he's my role model, best friend, and inspiration. He understands me just as much as I understand myself, and I would truly be incomplete without him.
Comments
Post a Comment