Privilege Walk
Although I wasn't able to participate in this activity, I can tell it furthered the class's understanding of privilege. It can be defined in many ways, especially in a way that gives a person "advantages" without having to work for anything. I personally believe that these "advantages" are only seen in that way because society has set what things should be seen as superior and not. I heard some examples of questions and can tell how this activity must have touched many people. The questions that usually tend to bring out the most emotion in me are the ones that I don't think about most, in which make me feel like I took those privileges for granted. When I see people judged or have to step backwards for something that is part of their identity, it furthers my understanding of how my traits differ, and if I have even tried to fully connect to that part of me. Questions that often upset me are when societal "advantages" are brought up in a way t...

Comments
Post a Comment