What enables trust?

Everyone has different definitions of trust, and reasons that make them feel able to have faith in others.  I personally trust people for different reasons. I trust some for ranting in which I know will understand, others that I just trust will be there for me when I need them to be, and lastly people whom I'm comfortable being myself around. Trust also regards someones level of comfort when around them, and to feel in a place of no judgment. Many people judge others, whether they notice it or not. It's part of human nature to have opinions and thoughts about those around you. However, I believe once someone feels like those opinions are tamed and the other person does not negatively regard that person in their thoughts, they have a feeling of trust. Trust can be prevented if someone seems "untrustworthy," which in greater words represents a feeling of susceptibility and consciousness. If someone had done something wrong in the past, even if you were involved or not with that event, people tend to remember those actions, thus creating reputations. When someone has a more negative reputation due to past behaviors, it becomes harder for trust to be granted on those people. Although trust is hard to succeed in gaining, it is even harder once one loses it. Ultimately, trust is when one has a firm belief in faith in support in another person, and feels an extreme amount of reliability in that relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Privilege Walk

Just a Family Member?